BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 29 February 2008

A little of what you fancy...


7.45 hot water and lemon.
8.15 linseeds in water.
8.45 juice made with grapefruit, 3 apples, 1/4 cabbage, 1/2 pineapple, 2 celery sticks, one tablespoon Omega 3 6 and 9 oil(udo's oil)
9.15 Baked beans with a small amount of cheese melted in with a hunk of homemade bread(very kindly provided by my mother every week as on the few times I have attempted to make it it is like a brick!!)Milk thistle capsule.
1.00 two eggs with a small portion of chips and a slice of bread and butter.cup of tea with milk.
5.00 peppermint tea and a nutty seedy type bar.
6.00tomato with a little vinaigrette on, 2 corn cakes one with houmous and a small slice of ham,one with a Moroccan style pate(low fat) and a smearing of houmous(houmous is a good source of protein and good energy food)
1 cracker with seeds in and cottage cheese with chives.
Water to drink.

We had lunch out at Morrisons before we did some shopping and I chose to have Egg and chips, as that is what I fancied but had a smaller portion.I also made sure I balanced things out by not having anything heavy or fattening for tea.I am quite proud of myself as I would normally just have had whatever I had planned for tea.

I think I am more likely to stick to a healthier lifestyle if I don't ban certain foods and not to feel guilty if I do eat "fattening foods " now and again. I really enjoyed my lunch ,but I also enjoyed what I had for tea.Well apart from the Tomato's,what a rip off these vine ripened massively expensive things are. I had stopped buying them for a while as they were tasteless and I think this will be the last I buy any for some time.

From past experience I know that planning is vital to ensure I have plenty of easily accessible healthy foods available.I will have to check fridge and cupboard regularly to ensure I am stocked up on the right foods...

1 comments:

Stacie said...

i agree - whenever i ban foods, i want them more. so i am trying to teach myself to have them in small amounts. there's that pesky portion control again!

i have been thinking just today how important planning is. if there is nothing planned, i go for the easiest or the tastiest, without regard for healh.