BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 27 February 2008

Making cookies.


7.30 hot water and lemon.
8.15 linseeds in water
8.30juice made with grapefruit 2 oranges 3 carrots and a pear.
9.00 porridge made 1/2 water 1/2 milk sesame seeds and flaked almonds with two tablespoons of yogurt and vanilla bio yogurt.water to drink.
10.30 homemade oat biscuit.Peppermint tea to drink.Emily has just suggested you might be interested in the cookie recipe so here it is.

250gm self raising flour,75gm porridge oats,175gms soft light brown sugar,pinch salt,125gms butter,2x15ml spoons golden syrup,2-3 spoons of milk.

mix flour oats sugar and salt in a bowl.
rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
stir in the syrup and sufficient milk to form a stiff dough, knead well.
place small spoons of the mixture on a lightly greased baking sheet and flatten using the back of a fork.
bale in preheated oven 190c,375f,gas mark 5 for 15 to 20 Min's until lightly golden.
transfer to a wire rack to cool and crisp.
Not low fat or particularly healthy but delicious, and a little of what you fancy goes a long way....


1.00 cannelini bean salad( I put to much on my plate and should of left some but didn't) ,leftover from yesterday with a mushroom burger, shop bought and very tasty.Water to drink.

late afternoon water to drink

5.30 pork escalope with lemon coating(fried), baked potato with butter and some cheese,broccoli and cabbage with a teaspoon of mayonnaise on the side.
I was starving tonight and should of had something else on top of the baked potato but wasn't able to resist....

I am finding the evenings very difficult as I tend to nibble whilst on here or if I watch TV.I had a low fat cracker with a small amount of cottage cheese on last night and that helped my craving as it was very crunchy and the cheese with chives had a lot of flavour.
I am finding the days easy enough at the moment but the evening meal is my downfall I have been eating too much and must cut my portions and go for lower calorie options. So this week before I go shopping I will spend more time putting together menu's of easy to prep food that's healthy and still tasty,need to get out my cookbooks......

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Evenings are the worst for me too. Dinner and beyond. I always eat too much for dinner, and afterwards is when I crave sweets.

Sugar addiction and portion control are two of my biggest problems. Good for you for keeping up with your food diary.

Lynn said...

Thanks stacie,
I have found the process helpful so far and hope to keep it up every day.By recording what I eat I have found just the very act of recording it is forcing me to be mindful and by doing that I am not eating for eating sake and asking myself do I really need this?
I am sure there will still be times when the answer is no but I have it anyway!!!