BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 28 February 2008

Curry cravings


7.30 hot water and lemon.
8.00 linseeds in water.
8.30 juice made with 3 carrots, 1/4 large pineapple, 1 red pepper,2 sticks of celery.milk thistle capsule.
9.00 3 thin corn cakes with peanut butter and strawberry conserve.Peppermint tea.
11.00 eat natural nut bar and tea with milk.
1.30 1 cracker with cottage cheese and chives on 2 corn crackers with a Moroccan style vegetarian pate and a smear of humous on top 1 avocado with a drizzle of dressing and an apple.Water to drink.
3.30Tea with milk.
5.45 chicken korma(homemade using a pataks curry paste!!! not low fat at all) rice and broccoli, with water to drink.

Must find a way to cut portion size at night, it seems I am physically incapable of reducing the size!!!!
Early days yet but I have felt clearer headed and have had more inclination to do things.Could be the diet change in conjunction with the healing massage and reflexology I had.

The Therapist gave me a lovely visualization to do to promote self love.

Close your eyes and picture holding up a pink rose in you hand ,ask for healing light from 100% pure source and see the rose glow pink, then transfer it to your heart, feel the light warming your heart and then focus on the pink light spreading through your body accepting every part of your body and loving it.

I am trying to do this once a day.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I keep working on cutting my portion sizes too. We bought four new plates, smaller than a dinner plate but bigger than a tea cup saucer. We have been using them and it seems to help as it physically can't hold too much food.

Keep up the good work. And do your meditations! :-)

Lynn said...

Thanks for that Stacie, I have tried in the past to put food on a smaller plate but just ended up having seconds!!! I will give it a go again though and will attempt to cook less in the first place as I seem to cater for two extra people!!!

piscesgrrl said...

This is one of the hardest things for me - not having seconds. I KNOW if i just wait a while, I'll be sufficiently full, but usually down a small second portion before giving my brain time to register on full!

I have some health issues that are helped by eating well - when I stay on that regimen I feel fantastic. But when I feel fantastic I start to think I can 'splurge' - and that splurge ends up lasting weeks or months until my body rebels and reminds me to get back on track.

Why do we have such emotional difficulties with food?

Lynn said...

Laura,
theory is fine isn't it till faced with leftover food,I too should just give time to feel full.Something comes over me, you would think I would never have a chance to eat whatever it is again!!!
The reason for doing this is to try to break a pattern and so far so good.I had reached the" body rebels stage" again but hope this time to get off the roller coaster.....