BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 26 February 2008

Foods for the menopause.


7.30 lycopodium
7.50 hot water and lemon
8.15 glass filtered water with two teaspoons of golden linseed's in(linseed's replenish Essential fatty acids)
Juice made with carrots,beetroot (should ideally be raw but could only get cooked)sweet potato and fennel.A strong tasting juice but passable.

Beetroot is a rich source of folate which can help to protect the heart and, together with carrots,helps to regulate hormones.Sweet potato provides the hormone progesterone,which helps to replace the hormones lost when the menopause occurs.(taken from a photocopied sheet I have on juices.)

10.00 Porridge made with 1/2 water 1/2 milk toasted sesame seeds/flaked almonds/pine nuts,(which were well toasted ,as in nearly burnt, totally forgot they were on!!!) A tablespoon of Bio yogurt with rhubarb and vanilla which helped give a much needed sweetness as the porridge was not great with the water in.
water to drink and a milk thistle capsule.

12.30 cucumber, cannellini bean salad made with tuna, red onion, iceberg lettuce ,red pepper, with a vinaigrette made with olive oil and white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.From a weight loss perspective I probably should have done without this but I find it hard to eat a salad without a tasty dressing.
Water to drink.

4.30 tea with milk

5.30 herbal detox tea

6.30 pasta with prawns in a lemon sauce and green beans,rather a lot of butter in the sauce so I will have to find a different recipe.
water to drink.

Found this today in You are what you eat.Dr gillian mckeith
foods for the menopause.
Apples,aduki beans,fennel,flax seeds(linseed's) kidney beans, soya beans,oats,olives,sesame seeds,split peas,sunflower seeds,yams (sweet potato)

A health functioning liver is crucial for good health during menopause.Menopausal women tend to be low in substances and fluids which nurture the liver and it is crucial during this time of hormonal flux that the liver is properly nourished and supported.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I just bought a bag of lemons yesterday to make lemon water. I used to drink it each morning because I read it was good for sinus problems and post nasal drip. Why do you drink it?

So you only have beverages until 10 am? I am not sure that I could wait that long.

I like this idea. I will be starting my health blog soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynn said...

a cup of warm water with a slice of lemon in goes straight through the bowles and cleans mucus out from the day before.So says gillian mckieth,she is the one whose books I have found have a lot of info to help change my lifestyle. The juices are surprisingly filling and not having to rush anywhere in the mornings means I can space things out.